The approval process for the Town of New Hartford General Government and local (New Hartford Public Schools) Board of Education budget has been modified in response to Executive Orders issued by the Governor of Connecticut.
Due to "social distancing" restrictions, public meetings will be held "virtually." The Board of Finance has delayed their public hearing; but will hold a virtual meeting on May 12, 2020. ZOOM will be the platform that will be used to broadcast the meeting. Materials that will be discussed at the meeting will be posted on the website in advance of the meeting. Please subscribe to Board of Finance agendas on the Town website to receive an email notification when the agenda and materials are posted.
Public comment will be allowed by EMAIL or by regular mail in advance of the meeting and comments will be reviewed/presented/discussed at the meeting. Please take time to review the proposed budgets and offer your commentary. The Selectmen and the Finance Board members NEED YOUR INPUT regarding the budgets. If you have any questions about the budget in advance of the meeting, you can call the First Selectman at 860-379-3389. Public input is critical to the budget process.
Email comments to: [email protected]
Mail comments: Town of New Hartford, P.O. Box 316, New Hartford, CT 06057
Links to the budget files and budget timeline are available from the Board of Finance page.
- Click here for the revised budget timeline.
- Click here for the proposed Town Budget
- Click here for the proposed New Hartford Board of Education Budget
- Click here for the proposed Regional School District No. 7 Budget including the notice of the livestream budget hearing to be held on Monday, April 27, 2020.
- Click here for the Regional School District No. 7 Public Hearing Agenda with livestream access information.