Animal Control

If you are calling to report a loose dog, please note that the Animal Control Officer (ACO) (and assistants) are not dispatched to "track down the dog" --  If, however, you have possession of the dog ( confined to a safe space or on a leash), the ACO will gladly come to your location to retrieve the dog and try to locate the owner.  The Town appreciates the assistance of its residents when trying to reunite lost pets and their owners.

The Town of New Hartford Animal Control Officers respond on an "as needed basis."  If you require the services of an animal control officer, please call 860-866-8020.  Assistance will be dispatched as required. Please be aware that immediate assistance is not always available. Leave a message if you get voice mail when you call.  Your call will be returned as soon as possible.  If it is an emergency and you need immediate assistance, Call Town Hall at 860-379-3389 and a deputy officer can be dispatched.

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Daniel E. LaPlante (R) Asst. Animal Control Officer Town Hall - 860-379-3389