IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please provide the necessary documents by mail to the Assessor's Office 530 Main Street PO Box 316 New Hartford, CT 06057, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (860)-379-0614 or drop off during Town Hall hours.
If you have transferred a license plate to a new vehicle, you do not need to submit any information to our office.
The New Hartford Assessor's Office requires two forms of proof that you no longer own a vehicle in order to remove or prorate a motor vehicle from the Town of New Hartford tax list.
- CT DMV License Plate Disposition (Cancellation) Receipt AND
- One of the following forms of proof the vehicle is no longer in your possession:
- Bill of Sale (With Full Name, Vehicle Description-VIN #, and Date)
- Copy of Transfer of Title (Front and Back - Must be Signed and Dated)
- Trade-in Information (Dealership Purchase Agreement)
- Junk Yard Receipt (Including VIN #)
- Out of State Registration (Including New Mailing Address and Date of Re-registration)
- Total Loss Letter From Insurance Company (Totaled)
- Repossession Receipt
- Official Police Report (Stolen)
- Letter / Receipt from Charity / Organization (Donated)
Once both forms of proof are received by the Assessor's office, we will be more than happy to adjust your motor vehicle value and apply tax credit (if applicable) accordingly.
Please click the DMV link below to be directed to the Department of Motor Vehicles webpage to check for Compliance Issues.
All Motor Vehicle Address Changes must be done through the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles.
The time allowed for pro-rated adjustments on the 2019 Motor Vehicle Tax including 2019 Motor Vehicle Supplemental Tax expires December 31, 2021.
Vehicle Data Request:
Please note: All Vehicle Data Requests have a fee schedule of $25 paid to the Town of New Hartford, each request is a separate charge of $25 per request.
Cash payments or checks may be dropped off in person
OR mail checks to: Town of New Hartford Assessor 530 Main Street PO BOX 316 New Hartford, CT 06057
(Please Note: Vehicle Data Request on the check if you are mailing).