Change of Name

If an individual has changed their name due to marriage, divorce, adoption, etc. and needs to update property ownership records to reflect this change, the attached form should be completed and signed in the presence of witnesses and a Notary Public or Town Clerk.  Once completed, the form would need to be filed on the land records with payment of the recording fee of $60.  The name change would then become part of the permanent records of the town and the Assessor would then be able to update the property ownership information to reflect the appropriate name.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Town Clerk's office.