Vital Records

Birth, Death & Marriage/Civil Union Certificates

Birth, death, marriage, and civil union records can be obtained for anyone who was living in New Hartford at the time of the event or if the birth, death or marriage took place in New Hartford.  Click the appropriate link for the type of certificate needed.

If you are looking for the records of someone who was born, married, or died out of town, but within the State of Connecticut, you may contact the town where the event occurred.  Click here to access the Connecticut Town Vital Records Directory to contact the appropriate town.  You may call the State Customer Service Office at 860-509-7700 (available Noon - 4 pm) or see the State Vital Records Office website to request a copy from the State.

If you are looking for information on how to obtain Vital Records from other states, please refer to the link for the National Center for Health Statistics.  Acrobat Reader is required to view this information.  It may be possible to order vital records online from other states by contacting

All vital records are open to public inspection, with the exception of birth records.  Unlike death and marriage records, birth records which are less than 100 years old are not public information within the State of Connecticut.  For more information on requirements for obtaining birth, death, marriage and civil union certificates, please click the appropriate link.  All vital records requests must be done in person, or by postal mail.  A photo id must be presented or a copy of a photo id included with request by mail.